[OS X TeX] how do I magnify PDF print size? (TeXShop question)

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Tue May 11 20:14:14 CEST 2004

On 11 mei 2004, at 19:15, Paul J. Campbell wrote:

> I edit a journal of undergraduate mathematics and typeset the issues
> in LaTeX, usually using Textures on a Mac (OS 10.2). I typeset at
> 100%, print to PS at 120% (set in Page Setup), then distill to PDF.
>
> A recent submission uses figures in PDF. Textures does not handle PDF
> directly; so rather than convert each figure to EPS, I experimented
> with TeXShop, which does handle PDFs.
>
> TeXShop produces PDF output, at 100%.
>
> _Nothing I can do seems to be able to convert the PDF file to one that
> prints at 120%._ What I need to do is print to a file to send to the
> publisher.

Have you tried the page setup dialog?

In TeXShop File menu > Page setup > 120% in the appropriate field.
Print (to printer, haven't tried to print to pdf file). Made a test
file with a 50mm by 50mm square. Comes out (after magnification) as
60mm by 60mm. Looks like 120 % to me. Make sure that the final
magnified size fits on the paper, or the printing system _may_ protest
(I started out with b5).

Maarten