[OS X TeX] Major path puzzlement

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Tue May 11 16:44:41 CEST 2004

Let me throw something in the mix:

I think the original problam was with Eddi Kohler's LCDF typetools. I do
not think anything is wrong with your TeX install, but on your command
line, fink may have an influence.

So: Are we certain how your LCDF typetools use kpse or if they are
configured to use kpse at all? I think my previous distribution did not
have kpse support compiled in (because it was still experimental/broken in
that version). My current distribution has kpse support built-in.

When you are on the command line, because of the way fink takes over your
path, there are all kinds of programs from your fink install that may be
found before the ones I install. Even the lcdf typetools.

    which otftotfm

will tell you where you get your LCDF typetools from. Depending on the
configuration of these, kpse support is compiled in or not. My latest
update is configured to use kpse, but I have not tested this myself. Main
question: where does otftotfm get its information on the kpse paths to
use? I have no idea and if it does not read the right texmf.cnf in some
way, it may have wrong ideas on tree subdirectory names.