[OS X TeX] A question of paths, I think...

Stephen Moye stephenmoye at cox.net
Tue May 11 02:56:40 CEST 2004

I'm using TeXShop and Gerben Wierda's TeX i-Installer distribution.

I am also using Eddie Kohler's opentype tools. I want to use the
texnansx.enc encoding file with otftotfm. I have tried putting
texnansx.enc in various places. Currently, if I run kpsewhich I get:

admin 8:50pm ~% kpsewhich texnansx.enc
/Users/admin/Library/texmf/dvips/base/texnansx.enc
admin 8:51pm ~%

Yet when I run otftotfm:

admin 8:50pm ~% otftotfm -a -e texnansx.enc ....

the program complains that it cannot find texnansx.

So far, I have gotten around this by specifying a full path to the
encoding file --  which should not be necessary -- but that is messy
and I'd like not to have to do it.

I'm puzzled, and would be grateful for any assistance.