[OS X TeX] TeX is not for the faint of heart

Gary L. Gray gray at engr.psu.edu
Thu May 6 04:37:51 CEST 2004

On May 5, 2004, at 8:14 PM, Alain Schremmer wrote:

> mactex.org is a beautiful name.
> A site' name should be no more than about $160.
>
> Tell you what:
>
> */I/ will pay for the name. *
>
> I will not be able to do the buying (my colleague did) as it seems
> that there are some crooks out there and you have to know what you are
> doing. Anyone willing to do it?
>
> Neither will I be able to construct the site. I have no idea of even
> the first thing. (my colleague did)
>
> Neither will I be able, obviously, to be responsible for writing any
> information.Writing really ought to be a collective effort. I can
> write and I can say when I understand and when I don't.
>
> So?

(1) Go to Google.

(2) Type: tex mac os x

(3) Click on "I'm Feeling Lucky".

It takes you to the place it should (in my humble opinion). We simply
need to make that page the best it can be. The benefit of using our
(Joe Slater and me) page is that we don't have to pay for a domain name
and we don't have to pay for hosting.

I should also mention that we are willing to host anything Mac OS X TeX
related on that machine. We have tons of disk space and bandwidth
(heck, PSU is an Internet 2 site).

All the best,

-- Gary