[OS X TeX] TeX is not for the faint of heart

Alain Schremmer Schremmer.Alain at verizon.net
Thu May 6 03:43:30 CEST 2004

(1) I apologize. I was not really aware that I was shouting. I just
wanted to emphasize and didn't trust italics.
(2) I have just returned from http://www.rna.nl/tex.html. There is
absolutely nothing in red. (This by the way has happened to me with
other sites.) But I also ran a find panic and find confused and did not
find either.
(3) The point is that a whole lot of people do /not/ want MS Word. And,
at least on the Mac, OpenOffice is not yet available.
(4) I did not /want/ to skim. But there I was in the wilderness not even
being able to decide whether what was in front of me was readable by me.
Etc.
(5) Please, take my word for it. Most people are likely to be already in
a state of panic before they even get to your site. Also, you don't
really have to say "don't panic" You don't have to say "if you are an
install-idiot read this." Although I, fr one, would have been vastly
relieved finally to come to something I would have a chance to
understand. There are lot of books "for the dummmies" and I don't think
anybody feels insulted and the bools seem to sell very well.
(6) "A console with errors and messages during batch formatting?" /That/
must be an error. I hope I didn't write this as I don't know what batch
formatting. I just remember that IBM used to batch something or the other.
(7) I understand that there are "fundamental differences [between TeX
and MSWord]" and I thought that I had made it clear that I could live
very well with TeXshop + i-Installer and that I just was hoping that
there would be more panels in TeXshop.
(8) I am sorry that I seem to have annoyed you and I apologize.

Regards
--schremmer