[OS X TeX] TeX is not for the faint of heart

Alain Schremmer Schremmer.Alain at verizon.net
Thu May 6 01:19:35 CEST 2004

I think that I am still incompetent enough to comment.
As "m" wrote, PLEASE spare me anything on

    Programs, support files, macros, commands?
    Distribution, binaries, scripts, frontends?

Look.

Suppose that in order to pass you Driver License, you had to take
courses in mechanicss, thermodynamics etc.

Indeed, in order to be a good racing driver, you /have/ to know enough
of some of that to communicate with the car's designers. But, if you are
like most, needing a car and with no intention to even look at what's
under the hood ...

I envision at least one LaTeX app as "easy" to use as MS Word. /After
that/, let a thousand flower bloom in the bazaar.

Regards
--schremmer