[OS X TeX] Re: Using packages

Alain Schremmer Schremmer.Alain at verizon.net
Tue May 4 16:06:13 CEST 2004

You guessed right: I confused LaTeX package, as in
\usepackage{LaTeXpackage}, to be invoked in the Preamble, and
i-packages. Which brings up a question I had: Where do I find a list of
the LaTeX package that I /have/ installed --without knowing it of
course? (I can't even remember what i-packages I installed.)

And I will get the booktabs documentation as well as others which I
sorely need.

As for the off-line, I am still digesting the Not So Short and the
Indian Primer. Then, hopefully, I will be up to the Guide.

By the way, I still have TeX and Metafont, mostly unread. At the time,
circa 1980, I had jut started a small press, I read exactly and only the
Preface as clearly visible when seen from the top. I remember asking a
"relevant person" at a joint meeting what the difference between LaTeX
and TeX was and retreating in complete disorder.

Regards
--schremmer