[OS X TeX] TeX is not for the faint of heart

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Tue May 4 15:44:57 CEST 2004

Le 4 mai 04, à 15:07, Michael S. Hanson a écrit :

>> Gerben Wierda wrote:
>>
>>> Who can get me a basic set that I can put on the Desktop (after
>>> asking the
>>> user of course and only during non-expert install)
>
> 	I understood Gerben was looking for existing documents, rather than a
> comprehensive example file, to place on the desktop.  That said, I
> have some additions to the proposed document below.

Thanks for your list of useful URLs. However, what I had understood was
that Gerben was asking for a selection of files to be taken from the
many doc files inside teTeX, then converted to PDF and put at a more
visible location.

For example, the Not So Short Introduction to LaTeX is already there,
but buried and in the inconvenient DVI format:

/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/doc/latex/general/lshort.dvi

Bruno Voisin