[OS X TeX] is i-Installer cool?

Alain Schremmer Schremmer.Alain at verizon.net
Tue May 4 04:07:31 CEST 2004

Hi, Will

As I just said in another post, I am beginning to forget my early woes.
But I am rewriting my "notes" and I will place the TeX/pdf rewrite
thereof in a conspicuous place on our website (in construction) since,
for people to put their mathematics texts there they will have to go the
same route I did.

I was so happy to have found help that I hadn't realized that I had
"received some slightly misleading information when we didn't steer you
towards \usepackage{graphicx.sty} straight away." Did I really? By the
way, no problem with Fig1.pdf but with Fig2.*eps* the console says
"!LaTeX Error: Unknown graphic extension:.eps" But then I absolutely
don't care: It takes Intaglio's beautiful pdf graphics and Preview turns
my old ugly picts into new ugly pdfs.

I am confident enough that, from now on, I will trouble this board only
a bare minimum.

The big problem I face is with these 2,000 pages in MS Word as
rtf2latex2e is a bit weak on the /tables/. Between having to rework the
old textbooks and write new ones, I would much prefer the latter.

Regards
--schremmer