[OS X TeX] rtf2rtf2latex2e

Kino quinon at rio.odn.ne.jp
Sun May 2 09:00:29 CEST 2004

On May 02, 2004, at 14:40, Alain Schremmer wrote:

> (3) I had seen the mention of a terminal but had no idea what it was
> nor that there was one on Panther. /Where could I learn about what it
> tells me./
> For instance, about half of the picts were translated into eps and for
> the other ones, it said
>
>    Calling ImageMagick to convert figure to EPS...
>    convert: Unexpected end-of-file (/Users/alainschremmer/Desktop/10
>    OMTo/v1-5-4-Part2Fig21.pict).
>    * Figure conversion to EPS failed! Is ImageMagick installed?

I think you have installed ImageMagick which however does not seem to
handle pict image well. For an rtf containing a pict image, I get the
same error. You'd better replace pict images in your rtf with those in
jpeg, png or other format well supported by ImageMagick before running
rtf2latex2e on it. To convert image format, you can use Preview or
other tools. I'm using ToyViewer for that.
<http://waltz.cs.scitec.kobe-u.ac.jp/OSX/index.html>

Kino