[OS X TeX] latex2rtf question

Adam Maxwell amaxwell at wsu.edu
Tue Mar 30 19:42:52 CEST 2004

On 30 Mar, 2004, at 11:29, Robert Lyons wrote:

> ok, i got it working, I did not know the full path and I thought that
> it would be available like the other command line latex programs are,
> but now I have another question.

It's odd that /usr/local/bin isn't in your path; I thought i-Installer
set this.

> When you convert a latex file to rtf, it looses all of its formatting.
> To me that defeats the purpose. The olny reason thta I would use this
> utility would be to give my writing to someone who will not take
> anything but a word file, but if I have to go back in and re-format,
> that is just to much work.

The formatting conversion is very good for my purposes.  In my
experience, lists, numbers, and references are formatted properly, as
are (most) figures and equations.  What formatting gets lost?  Are you
using a lot of macros, or non-standard document classes?  Also, what
are you opening the RTF file with?

> Ar there any other alternatives to this, or will i e forced to go
> through the pain?

Some people on this list use TeX4ht for this purpose.

--
Adam