[OS X TeX] Maintenance of several TeX installations

Thomas A.Schmitz thomas.schmitz at uni-bonn.de
Sun Mar 28 13:30:14 CEST 2004

I have TeX installations on three Macs (office, home, laptop). Though
Gerben's i-installer is the most wonderful tool that could be invented
(kudos to Gerben!!), I still find it hard to remember to keep all these
TeX branches in sync -- which package did I update last weekend at
home, which one in the office? So my question is: would it make sense
to have one computer as the main TeX branch and update all the other
texmf-directories from that one via rsync or psync (or just plain copy
them over and overwrite the outdated directories)? Or are there any
detrimental side-effects that I fail to see?
Thanks, all best

Thomas