[OS X TeX] Bug in TeXShop 1.34?

Aditya Dushyant Trivedi atrivedi2 at student.gsu.edu
Fri Mar 26 19:13:09 CET 2004

Hello Everyone,

>> I have set the file using the %SourceDoc macro at the first line of
>> each chapter file. It works as expected. however, if I open two
.> chapters, TeXShop will open another copy of the root file (book1.tex)
>> and the output file book1.pdf. It happens for all the chapter files I
>> have.

>It does not happen to me.

Seeing other ppl could not reproduce what I claimed, I checked again. I could not reproduce the bug if I created new files. It however persisted in my current files.

Those files have moved from Mac -> PC -> Mac. After playing around for a while I figured why it happens. Resource forks!! When you copy mac files say book1.tex ona FAT32 file system, it creates a file called ._book1.tex. While on a PC, I had deleted those files. However, getting those files on a Mac again and using TeXShop, the unpleasant behavior starts.

So, my advice to anyone who is cross platforming, when on windows, do not delete files starting with ._ . Otherwise you start believing that TeXShop has a bug. All you have is a corrupted file.

Sorry about that. My apologies to Richard Koch.

-Eddy