Fwd: [OS X TeX] Utopia fonts

Will Robertson will at mecheng.adelaide.edu.au
Fri Mar 26 00:47:14 CET 2004

Bruno Voisin wrote:

> Will,
>
> I get the impression from your latest message that it was intended for
> the list as a whole, not for me personally, that you were fooled by the
> Reply-To stuff as I usually am. Thus I'm taking the liberty of
> forwarding your message to the list, and the preceding one as well.

Indeed. My apologies and thanks.

> I had a look at the page for Adobe Font Tools, you need to register and
> sign a license agreement to get them, which I won't do right now.

Due to objection to their terms or being not interested in downloading
them? :)

> There is also, of course, the option of purchasing the fonts from Adobe,
> which might provide fonts of better quality, and in a wider range of
> shapes.

For sure, but a tool to convert .pfb fonts to OpenType reliably and
properly (pfaedit aka FontForge seems to work sometimes well and other
times not...) could be of great benefit.

I doubt they will be allowed to be distributed through i-Installer, on
the other hand.

Will