[OS X TeX] Bug in TeXShop 1.34?

Aditya Dushyant Trivedi atrivedi2 at student.gsu.edu
Thu Mar 25 21:54:59 CET 2004

Greetings,

I am typesetting a book in TeXShop 1.34 on OS X 10.2.8. I have the chapters in separate files and am using \input command. After the reading the TeXShop help, I found out that to typeset the project from any open document, I need to set the root file.

I have set the file using the %SourceDoc macro at the first line of each chapter file. It works as expected. however, if I open two chapters, TeXShop will open another copy of the root file (book1.tex) and the output file book1.pdf. It happens for all the chapter files I have.

I guess this is a minor bug. I can always close the extra copies, but it would be nice if this could be fixed in a later version. No hurry. I am really thankful to all who have contributed to TeXShop.

-Eddy