[OS X TeX] Utopia fonts

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Wed Mar 24 22:35:45 CET 2004

Le 24 mars 04, à 19:29, Alan Curtis a écrit :

> Did you try printing a test page with all 4 fonts? I tried with no
> success. I also tried saving as Utopia.otf.dfont and Utopia.dfont. The
> second caused Keynote to crash when I selected the Italic font.

I just tried with the OpenType font suitcase I had created (though
calling it Utopia.dfont, I had selected OpenType format, and the font
is indeed said to be OpenType PostScript by Font Book). Selecting the
font does not crash Keynote and prints correctly at home (from Keynote)
to a DeskJet 5550; at work Keynote prints to a LaserJet 4050N without
crashing, but nothing comes out of the printer. To be sure, I exported
to PDF from Keynote; Adobe Reader says the PDF file contains the four
fonts Utopia-Regular etc. in Type 1 format and roman encoding.

Then I did the same after having created a TrueType .dfont suitcase,
again from PfaEdit. The suitcase is said to be Datafork TrueType by
FontBook. From Keynote the fonts are used without crashing and print
correctly to the DeskJet; being at home I cannot test on the LaserJet.
Exporting to PDF creates a file which Adobe Reader says contains
Utopia-Regular etc. in TrueType format and roman encoding.

Bruno