[OS X TeX] need help with my bibtex datafile

Frank Mattes f.mattes at ucl.ac.uk
Tue Mar 23 22:05:53 CET 2004

Dear Tex users,

I'm running suddenly into problems with my bibtex datafile. Here what happened.
So far I had stored my references in 'endnote' and exported the
entire database as bibtex, which could be used with pdflatex. My
document consists of multiple input files. Scince today
pdflatex/bibtex is putting the entire database at the end of my file,
not just the cited references. I looked through the bbitex file
(sample at the end) but couldn't detect any errors. I have already
deleted all .bbl etc files, but this didn't change the behavior  of
bibtex.

It would be great if anyone could help me.

here an example of the bibtex database

@article{1848680,
    Author = {Rubin, R. H.},
    Title = {Preemptive therapy in immunocompromised hosts},
    Journal = {N Engl J Med},
    Volume = {324},
    Number = {15},
    Pages = {1057-9},
    Year = {1991} }

@article{1848053,
    Author = {Plotkin, S. A. and Starr, S. E. and Friedman, H. M. and
Brayman, K. and Harris, S. and Jackson, S. and Tustin, N. B. and
Grossman, R. and Dafoe, D. and Barker, C.},
    Title = {Effect of Towne live virus vaccine on cytomegalovirus
disease after renal transplant. A controlled trial},
    Journal = {Ann Intern Med},
    Volume = {114},
    Number = {7},
    Pages = {525-31},
    Year = {1991} }

@article{1658993,
    Author = {Hosenpud, J. D. and Chou, S. W. and Wagner, C. R.},
    Title = {Cytomegalovirus-induced regulation of major
histocompatibility complex class I antigen expression in human aortic
smooth muscle cells},
    Journal = {Transplantation},
    Volume = {52},
    Number = {5},
    Pages = {896-903},
    Year = {1991} }

Frank Mattes, MD			e-mail:	f.mattes at ucl.ac.uk
Department of Virology			fax	0044(0)207 8302854
Royal Free Hospital and 			tel	0044(0)207 8302997
University College Medical School
London