[OS X TeX] Lobbying for Reply-To as it used to be

Stefan Kauhaus stefan+macosx-tex at kauhaus.de
Tue Mar 23 11:33:29 CET 2004

Am 23.03.2004 um 10:18 schrieb Josep M.Font:

> I apologize. It was my fault not to explicitly say I agree with most
> of the

I have to apologize as well, since my statement about "this discussion
leading nowhere" wasn't directed to your person in particular, but
rather meant to be of a more general nature. Sorry if I haven't made
myself clear enough here.

I've seen people debating about Reply-To-Headers on many lists now. But
there is hardly any progress in discussing about it, because in the end
it's largely a matter of taste which way to go. So we could go on like
this for years now and nevertheless come to no end. Now *that* is what
I was (and am) trying to circumvent. ;-)

IMO, having a poll is the best solution. Thanks, Gary, for setting one
up!

>> I'm lazy. I just want to click once and it should work as I want it
>> to.
> I'm affraid this is not a fair "recapitulation of arguments"...

Maybe not, it's of course biased by my personal point of view. And I
exaggerated a bit, too. ;-) But I'm strongly convinced that in the end
it boils down to this---call it "laziness" (which isn't by default a
bad thing, so no pun intended), "convenience" or whatever.

Regards
   Stefan