[OS X TeX] how (and where) install my files ?

Herb Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Jun 30 22:19:00 CEST 2004

On 6/30/04 1:27 PM, "RS" <seroul at math.u-strasbg.fr> wrote:

> At least, I managed to install teTeX with some help
> (it was only the fourth try : the installation
> with i-installer is not so obvious when
> you are not an OS X hacker...).
>
> I need to install somme formating files
> for LaTeX and I do no know how to do it.
>
> Can anyone help me ?
>
> Thank you.

Howdy,

If you mean your own personal packages (.sty) files the best thing to do is
install them into ~/Library/texmf/tex/latex/ and La/TeX will automagically
find them. Note that the ~ means your HOME directory and the texmf/tex/latex
sub-directories (folders) inside your HOME Library may have to be made
(i.e., new folders).

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)