[OS X TeX] [ANN] TCOBrowser-0.76

Adam Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Wed Jun 30 15:09:01 CEST 2004

For those of you who don't know, TCOBrowser is an open-source Cocoa
program for viewing and searching the TeX Catalogue Online.  Recent
versions also have the ability to download and extract MiKTeX cabinet
files where they are available, by double-clicking the package icon in
the table.

I'm not sending out announcements to the list for every version, but
I've made some (hopefully) worthwhile changes in this one.  Get the new
version from <http://tcobrowser.sourceforge.net/>, and please send bug
reports if you use it.

Changes since 0.75:
   *  Fixed some memory leaks in downloading.
   *  Added capability to update the list of MiKTeX cabinet files from
CTAN (Preferences/Update).
   *  Added capability to update the TeX Catalogue Online
(Preferences/Update).
   *  Added a determinate progress bar for MiKTeX cabinet downloads.
   *  Changed "Extract" button to "Close" after the CAB handler is done.
   *  Feedback mechanism for bad TeX Catalogue Online entries (Help
menu).
   *  Formatted text in the abstract view (not yet complete).
   *  Some memory management changes.