[OS X TeX] .OSX/environment.plist was the culprit - but why?

Will Tuladhar-Douglas will at nairatmya.org
Tue Jun 29 12:27:21 CEST 2004

Okay. I am suitably humbled: it was the environment.plist file. Now,
would someone please tell me *why* it causes troubles? I originally set
it up in order to pass some non-standard BIBINPUTS paths along, but it
never seemed to be read; on the other hand, now I find that this was
the source of my woes. "Answers, Jim, I need *answers*!"
WB Tuladhar-Douglas		+44 (0)7739 872 398
Wolfson College, Oxford			will at nairatmya.org