[OS X TeX] [Slightly OT] Special formatting for first page

Jon Breitenbucher kahless at mac.com
Mon Jun 28 15:39:46 CEST 2004

I tried this question on text.comp.tex and got nothing. So I'll try
here with the hope that someone can help.

I am trying to set up a LaTeX template for my MAA student section
newsletter. The first page of this newsletter has a masthead which is
about 2.5 inches high. I have used the geometry package to layout the
page and can set the headheight to 2.5 inches to get the first page to
look write. However, the header graphic on the rest of the pages is
only .5 inches and the 2.5 inch headheight is too big on those pages.
What I would like to know is if it is possible to set headheight to be
different in different parts of the document? Right now this is based
off of the article class with twocolumns. Is there another document
class that would be better? I can provide a PDF of the current format.
TIA
Math illiteracy affects 7 out of every 5 Americans.

Jon Breitenbucher
The College of Wooster
Wooster, Ohio 44691

(330)263-2207