[OS X TeX] Rotating text in picture environment

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Thu Jun 24 14:45:23 CEST 2004

On 23 jun 2004, at 17:59, Aditya Dushyant Trivedi wrote:

>>> How does one rotate text (90 degrees) in the picture environment?
>>> Tried searching online but it did not help. Packages like rotating,
>>> isorot, graphicx do not seem to do the trick in LaTeX's picture
>>> environment.
>
>> AFAIK the \rotatebox{angle}{object} command still >works. object can
>> be
>> another picture environment.
>
> Tried \put(4,4){\rotatebox{45}{\fbox{Test}}} in the picture
> environment. It does not work. Is there a specific package which needs
> to be used? I tried graphicx, rotating, isorot.

Part of graphics, already loaded by graphicx.

This works for me:

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{graphicx}
\begin{document}
\begin{picture}(100,100)
	\put(50,50){\mbox{\rotatebox{45}{\fbox{Test}}}}
\end{picture}
\end{document}

Cheers,

Maarten

--
All my accounts use SPAM filters. Your reply might be caught in these
filters, so if you do not receive an answer from me in due time, either