[OS X TeX] configuration

Frans Goddijn frans at goddijn.com
Wed Jun 23 15:27:31 CEST 2004

Hi Maarten,

> One of the advantages of using the ~/Library/texmf tree is that sudo
> mktexlsr is not needed (sorry, forgot to mention that in my previous
> post).

aha! Remarkable.

By the way, it seems that the many many "missing font files" are not even
coming from my own files, as this is coming from the original psfonts.map
file:

///////////////////////////
[1{/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/fonts/map/dvips/updmap/psfonts.map
Warning: /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/pdflatex
(file /usr/
local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/fonts/map/dvips/updmap/psfonts.map):
invalid entr
y for `pagd8r': font file missing

Your apple-shift-G tip to go to the "invisible" folder helped and on the Mac
I have opened that psfonts.map file now to edit it. I should probably move
it then to it's "mirror" in my personal directory structure. Hm, or I should
first check if I don't already have a psfonts.map file there in a different
directory where the current TeX compiler isn't looking.

Anyway, things are moving on here ;-)

Groet!

Frans