[OS X TeX] trim pdf figures

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Tue Jun 22 21:44:31 CEST 2004

Le 22 juin 04, à 21:02, Kip Bishofberger a écrit :

> What does "sanatizing" by eps2eps do?  Also, is there any point to
> picking different postscript language levels beyond talking to a
> printer?

About these points, I don't know more than is returned by the man page:

NAME
        ps2ps, eps2eps - Ghostscript PostScript "distiller"

SYNOPSIS
        ps2ps [ options ] input.ps output.ps
        eps2eps [ options ] input.eps output.eps

DESCRIPTION
        ps2ps  uses gs(1) to convert PostScript(tm) file "input.ps" to
simpler,
        normalized and (usually) faster PostScript  in  "output.ps".
Normally
        the  output is allowed to use PostScript Level 2 or Level 3
constructs,
        but the -dLanguageLevel=1 option restricts the output to Level 1.

        eps2eps  performs  the   equivalent   optimization   for
Encapsulated
        PostScript (EPS) files.

Bruno Voisin