[OS X TeX] Fixme question and favorite packages

Jason Curole jcurole at usc.edu
Tue Jun 22 20:35:17 CEST 2004

Lisa,

Have you recieved any info on how to use fixme?

I have in my macros the following commands:
\fixme{}
\fxnote{}
\fxwarning{}
\fxerror{}

You might try these.  I believe the \fixme{} command throws an error
unless the file is a draft.

Best of luck, Jason

On Sunday, June 20, 2004, at 11:34  AM, Lisa Schweitzer wrote:

> Hello every one--
>
> I have been playing with TCOBrowser (many thanks!) to snoop around on
> ctan for new, fun packages to play with.  I found a package called
> "fixme" which I could really use; unfortunately, I can't figure out
> what commands you actually use to call up a margin note using this
> package. I've been looking around for documentation. Any ideas?
>
> Also, it occurs to me that it might be rather interesting to do an
> informal poll about what packages people personally find the most
> useful, given their  most frequent use of LaTex. For example, I do
> academic writing in the social sciences, and I do a lot of manuscripts
> (most recently my dissertation) with a lot of maps imported from a
> geographic information system. The packages I have found to be
> indispensable are:
>
> breakcite
> graphicx
> rotating
> threeparttable
> amsfonts
> amsmath
> fancyhdr
> lineno
>
> Packages that have been, for me, the most fun to play with:
>
> lettrine
> quotchap
> gchords
> gladtex
>
> Anybody else have favorite packages to recommend? Ones they couldn't
> life without? Although the discussion may be a little OT, it would
> sure be helpful and informative to me and, I suspect, other
> intermediate Tex users.
>
> Lisa

> Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>
> Please see <http://www.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/> for list
> guidelines, information, and LaTeX/TeX resources.

Jason P. Curole, Postdoctoral Researcher
Marine Environmental Biology
AHF 3616 Trousdale Pkwy.
University of Southern California
Los Angeles CA 90089-0371