[OS X TeX] New TeX and FontForge (formerly PfaEdit) i-Package releases

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Sun Jun 13 23:06:49 CEST 2004

Le 13 juin 04, à 22:01, Gerben Wierda a écrit :

> TeX has been updated. It now has fourier and ntheorem (in gwTeX). It
> has a new method of creating the GUI-usable fonts from the Latin
> Modern fonts which require a recent FontForge (formerly PfaEdit). So,
> if you want everything, first install the latest FontForge, then
> install TeX.

More from me, on Fourier fonts, which I had installed in texmf.local
and did not remove before installing this latest TeX (I was planning to
remove them afterwards): comparing my former Fourier install in
texmf.local with your new install in texmf.gwtex, I notice the map
files fourier.map and fourier-utopia-expert.map are not present inside
texmf.gwtex/dvips. Is this a sign that I should have removed my former
Fourier install before installing yours?

On other matters, I notice that now a TeX re-install does not erase the
CM-Super fonts. I think that, before, it used to, forcing to reinstall
CM-Super afterwards (which was quite a pain). Is it only in my
imagination?

Bruno