[OS X TeX] Re: MacOSX-TeX Digest #1041 - 06/08/04

Thomas A. Schmitz thomas.schmitz at uni-bonn.de
Wed Jun 9 08:25:09 CEST 2004

Yes, that sounds like a good explanation. I'll have to double-check
with various applications (you've done a very thorough job already).
Most of the time, I run ConTeXt from inside emacs, sometime looking at
the ouput buffer, sometimes not. Now even if I use a fairly similar
version of emacs in OS X and linux (both 21.3.50 cvs), the mechanism
for drawing the windows wouldn't be the same in aqua and x.org (which
I'm using under linux). Thank you, that makes a lot of sense - it's not
TeX or ConTeXt per se which is slower, it's redrawing the console
window.

Best

Thomas