[OS X TeX] Installing packages

Neal Stoughton nmstough at uci.edu
Thu Jun 3 19:37:41 CEST 2004

I am new to the Apple OS, being a longtime user of Miktex on Windows.  After
reading up on the methods for the Apple, I installed the TeX "package" using
i-installer.  But this didn't seem to install all the packages I really
need.  I'm talking about the ones ending with *.sty and *.cls (beamer.cls
for instance).  In Miktex when Im processing a file I get prompted to
install one of these when it isnt present on my machine and it is
automatically downloaded and installed and processing continues.  This
doesn't seem to happen on the Apple.  Miktex also has a package manager that
allows one to see which packages are installed and can be updated.  Is there
something similar for the Apple?  How do I install these packages?  Thanks.
Sent using the Microsoft Entourage 2004 for Mac Test Drive.