[OS X TeX] Re: Font tools

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Tue Jun 1 18:34:04 CEST 2004

> On 1 Jun 2004, at 17:38, Gerben Wierda wrote:
>> For those who are interested in doing some
>> reverse engineering:
>> The basic source code for my i-Packages can be downloaded from my
>> SourceForge site. Comes with Makefiles galore.
>>

> Thanks for all of that, Gerben.
> I had thought *just recently* how it would make sense for other people
> to keep some of the more basic i-packages up-to-date, and was sort of
> thinking of investigating this. After all, it shouldn't be up to you to
> keep track of the progress of ImageMagick or whatever. Anyway, it's
> added to my list of spare time projects (of which, for some reason,
> little ever seems to be done :)...

I have completely automated most of the i-Package building. For
ImageMagick it is nothing more than downloading the source, unpacking it,
adapting an i-Package makefile to point to the new source, and run a
couple of make commands. Then you get the new version. Than you release
it. Then you get reports that it contains bugs and then you go back ;-)

I take the attitude that I generally only upgrade when there is a reason
for it, normally when people write me that the newer version fixes so many
bugs and is so much better.

New packages take more time.