[OS X TeX] Table macros

Will Robertson will at guerilla.net.au
Sat Jul 31 08:53:13 CEST 2004

Hello

I have made some changes to my macros and separated them out into
separate scripts for iTeXMac and TeXShop. Jerome and Dick may like to
include them with their distributions - feel free to do anything with
them that you like.

The four scripts are:

New tabular
New maths array
Add column
Delete column

Basically, what the first two scripts do is ask how many row and
columns you'd like and builds up a tabular/array structure filled in
with all the ampersands and empty cells.

The Add and Delete column macros are a little rough around the edges,
but I don't have time (and Applescript doesn't have very good
capabilities) to improve them. To use them, you select the table/array
you wish to edit and run the scripts - Add column will do what it says,
adding ampersands and empty cells to create a new column. Delete column
will delete all of the cells in a specified column. Note that they
don't work on rows with \multicolumn cells.

They will only work on tables in the following form:

a & b & c \\
d & e & f \\

ie all columns must end with a newline and every text line must contain
the whole row.

To install them you can just copy/paste into the macro editors of the
two programs...

You can get them from:
<http://www.mecheng.adelaide.edu.au/~will/tex/>

Will Robertson