[OS X TeX] bibtex apps

Simon Spiegel simon at simifilm.ch
Tue Jul 27 19:25:45 CEST 2004

I haven't used Aquatkbibtex yet, but I've looked at many others bibtex
UIs, and BibDesks beats them all IMO. I just had a short look at
Aquatkbibtex and couldn't see any advantages over BibDesk, just an ugly
UI. BibDesk is OSX native, allows as many fields as you want without
the need to edit the bibtex source. It takes care of your pdfs and has
LaTeX preview.  It also handles special characters well and will very
soon feature citation completion for all Cocoa apps. There's no
official build with this feature yet, but I just compiled my own build
yesterday. I now simply type \cite{anyname} in TeXShop, press F5, and
voilà: All entries matching my search pop up. This is a terrific
feature and will probably appear soon in an official build.

There are great things planned for the future of BibDesk. Among other
things an iTunes-like UI with playlists-like smart searches.

HTH

simon

--
Simon Spiegel