[OS X TeX] Working with Big LaTeX Projects (was StrangeCursor Behavior)

Simon Spiegel simon at simifilm.ch
Sun Jul 25 10:24:41 CEST 2004

On 25.07.2004, at 06:49, Aditya Dushyant Trivedi wrote:

>> What does pdf synchronization mean?
> Like DVI search and inverse search. Allows you to go from the source
> (.tex file) to the .pdf file and vice versa. So if you are at a
> specifi para clicking a key combination will take you to that point on
> the pdf. It works pretty well in most cases. Works atleast in TeXShop,
> iTeXMac and emacs. Check out their manual. You need to use the pdfsync
> package. By the way this is mac specific.

I just heard of pdfsync for the first time and wanted to try it with my
PhD thesis and TeXShop. For some reasons it didn't work. Now, before I
start nailing the problem down and posting a minimal example, a simple
question: Is pdfsync already in a state where it should work with more
complex documents (I use, among other things, jurabib, multibib,
hyperref, easymovie) or isn't it just there yet? Is it usable in
TeXShop without too much changing of existing documents?

And getting OT: What's happening with iTeXMac and TeXShop? Has
development stopped or can we expect updates in the future? There's
none to little information on their webpages.

TIA

simon
--
Simon Spiegel