[OS X TeX] re: Font size

Herb Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Jul 21 04:08:47 CEST 2004

On 7/20/04 8:45 PM, "Sylvan Jacques" <vanjac12 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the info on fonts in LaTeX.
>
> I want to know how to specify any size
> font anywhere in the document--this seems fundamental to
> typesetting IMO.
> However, I was not as concerned about the 14pt size as the fact that
> 12pt gave me the default 10pt, even though it acted like it
> was using 12pt.
>
> On comp.text.tex they did not believe me, but suggested
> that I put in a few lines of text, instead of just the 2 words
>
> Hello World.
>
> I did this and everything worked as it was supposed to.
>
> As I expect to have documents with more than 2 words, I
> am no longer concerned with why a doc with 2 words does
> not have the specified font size ;-)
>
> I will read (and am reading) the intros to tex/latex.
>
> Van

Howdy,

Having just now tried this I can clearly see differences in size between the
10pt, 11pt and 12pt options with the article class. This is even with the
classic ``Hello World!'' document. What are you using to preview the pdf
file? Have you tried printing the document and laying one copy over the
other?

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>