[OS X TeX] Strange warning in TeXShop console

Michael S. Hanson mshanson at wesleyan.edu
Mon Jul 12 21:05:58 CEST 2004

On Jul 12, 2004, at 12:49 PM, Maarten Sneep wrote:

> On 12 jul 2004, at 18:38, Michael S. Hanson wrote:
>
>> 	I am getting the following error in the console that I have never
>> seen before nor have been able to track down:
>>
>>> ! pdfTeX warning (ext4): destination with the same identifier
>>> (name{page.1}) ha
>>> s been already used, duplicate ignored
>>> <to be read again>
>>>                    \penalty
>>> l.176
>>>        [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6]
>>

>> 	Line 176 is a blank line.  The next paragraph is the first full
>> paragraph on the second numbered page.  I have a customized title
>> page setup that I use;  the document structure is loosely:
>
> This is an issue with hyperref. use \hypersetup{plainpages=false},
> that should resolve the issue. (It occurs at a point where you reset
> the page numbering style).

	Thanks -- that narrowed it down.  While commenting out
\usepackage{hyperref} does eliminate the error (as I am not using any
hyperref components currently), adding the recommended
"\hypersetup{plainpages=false}" to either the preamble or the body of
the text did not eliminate it.  Other suggestions?  Thanks again.

                                         -- Mike