[OS X TeX] Intertext like command

Michel Bovani michel.bovani at wanadoo.fr
Mon Jul 12 08:45:43 CEST 2004

Le 12 juil. 2004, à 7h10, Will Robertson a écrit :

> On 12 Jul 2004, at 2:20 PM, Alain Schremmer wrote:
>

>>  As you typed it, I think Paragraph text … is part of Item 2 and
>> lined up as such.
>
> Oh, yeah. Makes sense now, what you want.
> Besides manually outdenting the line,

One can use a list environment and  \@totalleftmargin

\makeatletter
\newcommand{\interitemtext}[1]{%
\begin{list}{}
{\itemindent=0mm\labelsep=0mm
\labelwidth=0mm\leftmargin=0mm
\addtolength{\leftmargin}{-\@totalleftmargin}}
\item #1
\end{list}}
\makeatother

It will work even inside imbricated enumerates...

\begin{enumerate}
\item item one
\item item two
\begin{enumerate}
\item item one
\item item two
\interitem{The next items are boring but included for completeness...}
\item item three
\end{enumerate}
\item item three
\end{enumerate}