[OS X TeX] Intertext like command

Alain Schremmer Schremmer.Alain at verizon.net
Mon Jul 12 06:50:40 CEST 2004

  As you typed it, I think Paragraph text … is part of Item 2 and lined
up as such.

In Companion2ed p479,

			\begin{align}
			Equation (1)\\
			Equation (2)\\
			\Intertext{and finally}
			Equation (3)
			\end{align}

gives the "interrupted display"

	Equation (1)
	Equation (2)
and finally
	Equation (3)

Similarly, I would like the "intertext" to be part of the body text
that precedes and follows the enumeration as in the following. I am now
going to consider five items.
	1 this item is yellow
	2 this item is pink
The next three items are all dark and of little interest but are listed
here for the sake of completion.
	3 this item is dark blue
	4 this item is dark green
	5 this item is dark red
I will now discuss in some depth the first two items. To begin with …

Regards
--schremmer