[OS X TeX] Vim colour latex syntax with terminal.app

Will Robertson will at mecheng.adelaide.edu.au
Mon Jul 12 02:48:02 CEST 2004

On 11 Jul 2004, at 10:44 PM, Jesse Billett wrote:

> I would like to begin using vim as my main text editor, and to use it
> within the terminal.  Getting colo(u)r syntax recognition seems to be
> a bit of a problem.  I don't even know how to get the ls command to
> display in colour.  Based on a long Google search, a lot of Mac users
> seem to have this difficulty.  Does anyone one the list have a good
> solution?  (I'm using 10.2, tcsh, but would like eventually to switch
> to bash.)

Hi Jesse

As I recall, the 10.2 ls command does not have a colour mode; you'll
need to install a different version (I can't recommend anything, it's
been too long, sorry).

Hopefully getting colour in vim is simply a matter of setting the term
env. variable, as Thomas suggested, or you could download a GUI or x11
version (try <http://vim.sourceforge.net/download.php#mac>).

Good luck

Will