[OS X TeX] A dvi/pdf previewer for MacOSX.

Massimiliano Gubinelli mgubi at mac.com
Thu Jul 8 16:49:40 CEST 2004

Hi,
  if you need a dvi previewer for MacOSX please give a look at
TeXniscope:

  http://docenti.ing.unipi.it/~d9615/homepage/mac.html

It is a DVI/PDF previewer written in Cocoa. I wrote it to be a
replacement for xdvi under Mac. For a long time I worked with MacDviX
and Mxdvi but their output is ugly and they are relatively slow.
TeXniscope dvi output look as good as pdf and is relatively fast. It
has synchronization from preview to source with an external editor (out
of the box it is configured for Emacs).

When I have time to clean the code I will make it public. If there is
someone who would like to contribute to its development I would be
happy, just send me an email.

Massimiliano Gubinelli