[OS X TeX] installing texlive

George Ghio ghiog at netconnect.com.au
Thu Jul 1 12:30:31 CEST 2004

On 01/07/2004, at 8:05 PM, Maarten Sneep wrote:

> On 1 jul 2004, at 11:50, George Ghio wrote:
>
>> On 01/07/2004, at 7:41 PM, Maarten Sneep wrote:
>>
>>> ls -laF $HOME
>
> [snip]
>
> AFAICT no files that might interfere here.
>
>> env
>>
>> PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin
>
> And indeed the minimal path you'll need.
>
> I had a look at the texlive CD we have here (TL2003), and you should
> perform as step 4 in Will's instructions:
>
>>> 4 Now we want to set up bash to remember the path to the TeX
>>> binaries. Execute:
>>>     echo 'export
>>> PATH=${PATH}:/usr/local/teTex/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin6.6' >>
>>> ~/.bash_profile
>>> _once_ on the command-line. There is no output.
>
> Of course this will only work after successful installation of TL2003.
>
> 1. In the terminal type 'cd ', without the quotes, with the space.
> 2. drag the folder that contains install-tl.sh from the finder into
> the terminal window.
> 3. switch back to the terminal and press return.
> 4. execute 'sudo ./install-tl.sh' (without the quotes).
> 5. Type in your password (assuming you have administrative rights,
> otherwise ask an administrator).

Last login: Thu Jul  1 20:21:22 on ttyp1
Welcome to Darwin!
George-Ghios-Computer:~ georgeghio$ cd
/Volumes/TeXLive-2003/install-tl.sh
-bash: cd: /Volumes/TeXLive-2003/install-tl.sh: Not a directory
George-Ghios-Computer:~ georgeghio$ sudo ./install-tl.sh
Password:
sudo: ./install-tl.sh: command not found
George-Ghios-Computer:~ georgeghio$

> 6. Make the selections as per the on-screen instructions.
> 7. Start installation, and have a cup of tea, or two...
>
> Maarten

> Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>
> Please see <http://www.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/> for list
> guidelines, information, and LaTeX/TeX resources.

I have been using the DVD for installation

George