[OS X TeX] installing texlive

Will Robertson will at mecheng.adelaide.edu.au
Thu Jul 1 11:57:34 CEST 2004

On 1 Jul 2004, at 7:20 PM, George Ghio wrote:

> Welcome to Darwin!
> George-Ghios-Computer:~ georgeghio$ ls -laF $HOME

This all looks good to me.
I reckon you can continue from step 3 of my list. Reposted for
convenience:

3 Next, type:
ls -p /usr/local/teTex/bin

You should have a folder (ends in a slash) that starts with
"powerpc-apple-darwin" and ends in a number. Call this number X.Y.
Based on previous answers you've given I *think* this will be 6.8 .

4 Now we want to set up bash to remember the path to the TeX binaries.
In the following command, substitute X.Y for the number you found
earlier:
echo 'export PATH=${PATH}:/usr/local/teTex/bin/powerpc-apple-darwinX.Y'
 >> ~/.bash_profile

So if the number was 6.8, enter this command:
echo 'export PATH=${PATH}:/usr/local/teTex/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin6.8'
 >> ~/.bash_profile

When you hit return, you will get no output. This is normal.

5 Now close your terminal window and open a new one.

Type:
echo $PATH

You should see your changes. If everything has worked correctly, you
should now be able to run tex/latex etc from the command line...

Good luck!