[OS X TeX] wrapping lines in verbatim

Herb Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri Dec 31 15:55:48 CET 2004

On 12/31/04 8:39 AM, "Herb Schulz" <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:

> You might need a blank line before the first brace and after the second
> brace (i.e., it must be in a paragraph by itself).
>
> Good Luck,
>
> Herb Schulz
> (herbs at wideopenwest.com)

Howdy,

I shouldn't have said second brace, I meant the last brace and that doesn't
seem to be needed. The one before the first brace IS needed. This is because
the end of the verbatim environment seems to have a \par and the line
spacing TeX uses for a paragraph is the one that exists at the end off the
paragraph. This would be the one for the \footnotes size which will mess up
the line spacing in that part of the paragraph above the smaller font
verbatim.

By the way I don't believe that you can make a new environment that embeds
the verbatim environment since the \end{verbatim} must be ``visible'' to
terminate the verbatim environment. Does the verbatim package fix that?

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>