[OS X TeX] Modifying geometry.sty (was TeXLive 2004, PDFTeX magnification problem.)

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Thu Dec 30 15:30:13 CET 2004

Le 30 déc. 04, à 14:24, Frank STENGEL a écrit :

> I am currently trying to hack geometry.sty to take into account the
> recent modifications in the way pdftex works with respect to
> magnification and initial conditions. Basically I am re-setting
> \pdf{hv}offset...
>
> What is the correct way to propagate these changes? Do I contact the
> author first and then modify the file or (tonge in cheek) do I
> directly modify the, file post them and then ask the author?

The best thing would certainly be to contact the author and describe
briefly the problem in case he's not aware of it. And if the author is
no longer maintaining the package, you might also look at the newsgroup
comp.text.tex.

I can't be of much help, as I'm not using geometry.sty myself. Looking
briefly at the code, it looks so intricate and so sophisticated that
I'm not sure anybody but the original author can fix things properly.

You may try putting in your preamble, without any guarantee at all,
based on the \AtBeginDocument code inside geometry.sty:

\makeatletter
\AtBeginDocument{%
   \ifGm at pass\else
     \ifnum\mag=1000\else