[OS X TeX] From LaTeX to TeX again

delanoy at igd.univ-lyon1.fr delanoy at igd.univ-lyon1.fr
Tue Dec 28 07:23:35 CET 2004

  Hello all,

 and thanks to the many people that answered my e-mail. Now let me explain
my problems about using TeX more clearly :

 -I downloaded many "plain TeX" tutorials but for a (probably silly)
reason I don't
understand yet, all my "plain TeX" files fail to compile.

 -I can't even compile a minimal example.
If I put
 "Hello World!" in a file, the TeX console doesn't complain but produces
no pdf.
If I put
"\begin{document}
 Hello World!
\end{document}" I get a
"Undefined control sequence : \begin{document}"  error message.

 All that although I can compile fairly complex examples without
difficulty under LaTeX. Yet
when I installed TeXShop for LaTeX on my Mac I also automatically
installed "Plain TeX", didn't I ?

       Ewan

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>