[OS X TeX] Outlining ersatz

Alain Schremmer Schremmer.Alain at verizon.net
Mon Dec 27 01:40:29 CET 2004

I have trouble keeping control of the flow of what I write.
Specifically, I miss an outliner to move whole chapters and/or sections.
What I have been doing to help me doing this manually without creating
havoc is routinely to insert comments as follows:

\chapter
%begin Chap 2
…
\section[Headings]{(Decimal) Headings}
%begin Chap 2 Section 1
…
%end Chap 2 Section 1

\section[Number-phrases]{(Decimal) Number-phrases}
%begin Chap 2 Section 2
…
%end Chap 2 Section 2
…
%end Chap 2

Then, with the help of the table of contents and pdfsync, I manage to
keep track and to re-number all the comments.

Still, would it be possible to write a macro to insert the new comment
after I have deleted the old one? I have no idea how to make it look up
"the number" or if it is even possible.

But, if so, I would of course appreciate any hint about how to proceed
and/or where to learn what I surely need to.

Regards
--schremmer
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>