[OS X TeX] Flashmode (optimized versions), TS, G5

Herb Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sun Dec 26 16:19:42 CET 2004

On 12/25/04 10:57 AM, "Claus Gerhardt" <gerhardt at math.uni-heidelberg.de>
wrote:

> I resolved the zero link issue (a link list file had to be removed
> manually), and built:
>
> -  a native Xcode version of Flashmode-Scripts-TS (v.1.0.2) optimized
> for OS 10.3 that, believe me or not, even runs on my G4/500 quite
> satisfactory.
>
> - a native Xcode version of Flashmode-Scripts (BBEdit),
> Flashmode-Scripts-G5 (v. 1.0.3), that only runs on a G5 (64-bit
> addressing, etc.), which seems to run faster than the non-G5 version.
>
> The G5 version has a special download only for 'Flashmode-Scripts-G5'
>
> The optimized 'Flashmode-TS-Scripts' is contained in the updated
> 'Flashmode-TS' download.
>
> Claus

Howdy,

This version works fine if I use the ``startup'' button before starting up
Flashmode-TS; that seems to startup TeXniscope (and maybe TeXShop although I
have that running already). Otherwise nothing happens when I try to startup
Flashmode-TS.

Flashmode runs smoothly in the background but I have to admit it ``feels''
sluggish on my 550MHz Powerbook. Of course I rarely used the ``flashmode''
with Textures on any of my old OS 7-9 systems for the same reason; it was
``ok'' on very short documents but sluggish on most things. I always seem to
be running on the ``bleeding trailing edge'' of technology.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>