[OS X TeX] Looking for inline mpost example

Jean-Claude DE SOZA jeanclaudedesoza at wanadoo.fr
Sat Dec 25 08:15:46 CET 2004

Gerben,

You need the emp package which isn't in your TeX distribution; you'll
find it at :
http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/help/Catalogue/entries/emp.html?
action=/tools/cataloguesearch&catstring=emp

In the preamble, add :
\usepackage{ifpdf}
\usepackage[]{emp}
\ifpdf
   \DeclareGraphicsRule{*}{mps}{*}{}
\fi

Where you want to include your MetaPost picture, insert :

%----  Begining of the MetaPost Picture ----%
\begin{empfile}
\begin{empdef}[fig1](8cm,8cm)
…
% --- Metapost  Code--- %
…
endfig;
end;
\end{empdef}
\end{empfile}
%----  End of the MetaPost Picture----%
%----  Inclusion of the MetaPost Picture ----%
\immediate \write18{mpost -tex=latex \jobname}
\begin{figure}[ht]
\begin{center}
   \empuse{fig1}
\end{center}
\end{figure}

If you read French, here is a short tutorial about MetaPost
http://www.gutenberg.eu.org/pub/GUTenberg/publicationsPDF/41-
popineau.pdf

Jean-Claude DE SOZA

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>