[OS X TeX] Emacs compilation time

Thøger Juul Thorsen thoeger at fys.ku.dk
Tue Dec 21 15:05:18 CET 2004

Maybe you had a whole load of dependencies that had to be compiled and
installed before Emacs??

Anyway, I just compiled Emacs from cvs (thanks to Timothy Larkin for the
advise!) using the make-package script. Having all the dependencies
fixed alreayd (I've been running x11 emacs from Fink for a while), it
took me slightly over an hour on my iBook G4 933 mhz. more than 14 hours
sounds strange, but as mentioned, if this is the first compilation from
DP, there might be a whole bunch of packages that you need to install
first in order to compile and run Emacs...?

/Thøger

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>