[OS X TeX] Publicon Trial available

Mark Smith mark at bbprojects.net
Mon Dec 20 18:16:04 CET 2004

Peter S. Burrage wrote:

>I can decompress and open the app but it stalls after opening with the
>error message:
>
>"Mathematica could not find its system-wide initialization file
>"sysinit.m"."
>
>and I am not able to open a new doc or do anything at all. Hmm, does
>Publicon require Mathematica to be installed?

No. It doesn't. It does require a password, but Wolfram send you one per email.

I had one issue with the download, but I know its at my end. My version of stuffit expander leaves executables in a non-executable state after de-compressing. A "CHMOD -R 755" fixes this.

The app runs fine for me, but my first reaction is that despite a fairly nice document model, pretty good, sensible style sheets, a nice clean and trouble-free BibTeX import and very comfortable reference management and fairly clean LaTeX export (the best I've seen so far from "such an app"), its a lousy OS X citizen in so many ways, that I think it will flop badly on OS X. Pity.

mark.
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>