[OS X TeX] CLI pdflatex

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Sun Dec 19 10:19:46 CET 2004

On Dec 19, 2004, at 08:32, Google Kreme wrote:

> Does it make LINKS in /usr/local/bin then?  because otherwise I am
> very confused as I know _I_ didn't make the links.

Some install action, other than my TeX did produce the TeX there.
Probably links which were turned into real files when they were copied.

Some of thse files you showed were not part of TeX but of other TeX (or
non-TeX) software sets. I would check for every file in /usr/local/bin,
if it exists in /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc*current, remove it.

Something along the lines of

for i in *; do if [ -e
/usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/$i ]; then rm -i
/usr/local/bin/$i; fi; done

in a Terminal window.

I get some matches too, because for instance Eddy Kohler's type tools
are version 2.2 in /usr/local/bin (separate i-Package) while they are
version 2.15 in TeX. So I do not remove them.

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>